Saturday, January 27, 2018

January 2018 - Been Truckin, now I'm goin' home


Moving in 1 February 2018
What a looong strange trip it's been.

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me,
Other times I can barely see.

Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been.

Since divorce, an eight year journey; I have moved through several places looking for an Oregon home. Some were lovely locations, others were not. Seemed somethings were just not right with each of them, then I found my new home. It was what I had been looking for since I moved to the Oregon Territory 20 years ago - my place to call Home.

In October 2017 I went on a search for property and prices, when the place I was living in again went up For Sale. This had been an Off and On thing for two years, but this time with a price increase of $20,000 more than was first agreed upon. Somethings just were not right, with such a "deal". Was time to look for better.

On 13 December 2017 I entered a Fannie Mae foreclosure auction for a place to call home. I WON!!
Before the end of the day, I had begun the next adventure in my life's journey. Now... I have been excited since that day.

This week I have the Title to my place in hand, and on 1 February I am moving into my new "home" with my three remaining horses and Buddy. What a long strange trip it's been.

 Peace be you ॐ
Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment